Friday, October 24, 2008

I See CIC!

Hi everyone! Marilyn from Pulp Sushi here bringing a new feature that I hope everyone will enjoy. Whenever I am asked what inspires me in my designs, I always give the same answer. Just about everything. When I go out and about my eyes are always on the lookout for something appealing. It could be colors of a flower, the rust of an old street lamp, store fronts, etc.

To show what I mean, I thought it would be fun, and in Project Runway fashion, to find an image and use that as inspiration to showcase individual items from CIC member shops. Maybe it can bring a new perspective on things? :)

This week is an image I found on Flickr.

Pretty isn't it? Here is what I drew from this.

Pendant from Jesse Janes.


Black and Pink Cupcake Charm Necklace from Kitsch-tique.


Red Dress Original Drawing by Linda Boucher


Pink Cherry Heart Charm Ring from PaisleyChainsaw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Marilyn, thanks for including my necklace!
Emma @ Kitsch-tique

Jennifer Rose said...

This is a great idea. The items go very well with the image :D

Hey Harriet said...

What an awesome idea for a feature! (I may have to steal it! Just kidding ;). Love all the items!

Related Posts with Thumbnails