Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Member Spotlight: PennyDog Jewellery


Our first member that gets to be in the spotlight is Kerry from PennyDog Jewellery!

Name: Kerry Wilkinson
Age: 22
Shop: PennyDog Jewellery

What kind of things do you make? Resin and acrylic wearable jewellery.

How long have you been doing your craft? Just over a year, but been crafting since I would walk.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling? I started selling my photography work in my other shop kerrydogs.etsy.com first to raise a bit of extra cash and because people liked my work, then I moved on to jewellery when I had too much for my own needs!


Is this your full time job? It is full time, but my main income comes from graphic design and marketing so I have two ;)

What are your hobbies? I haven’t time for much else but I like to walk the dog and go for day trips on the motorbike.


What is your favorite color? Orange easily.

What is your favorite color combination? Oranges and browns with a bit of red, though I like different shades of green together too!

Which colors do you use most in your work? All of the colours! Except green really, I haven’t opened that dye pot just yet.


What is your number 1 tip for success? Promote yourself in as many ways you can and always be courteous, even if people are making you angry!

What do you think is the most fun way to promote? I spend a lot of time in the Etsy forum but I do like going through the groups on Flickr too.

5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

great spotlight! love the rings :D

Marilyn said...

Love it! And that fruit ring is TOO cute! Great feature!

Swirlyarts said...

Great first spotlight!!

Melanie Ehara said...

I love the fruit rings! Very cool items. :)

pennydog said...

D'oh like an idiot I've only just spotted this. Thanks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails