Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Member Spotlight: Pippin Designs


Name: Pippin Designs (Or Rachel, in the real world!)
Age: 24
Shop: Pippin Designs

What kind of things do you make? I make lots of lovely felt fancy, including brooches, jewelry, textile art and home decor. I love working with felt, its so satisfying to produce something so instantly colourful!

How long have you been doing your craft? All my life! My mum and my grandma have always knitted and sewn, and its in my blood. My mum even owned a knitting shop when I was born, and I spent the first two years of my life with yarn as my toys! But I've been on etsy with this shop since March. My other shop http://curiositykilled.etsy.com has been running just over a year.



When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling? I started selling my work about two years ago, because I got fed up of boring products in shops, follow-my-leader styling, and drab colours. Pippin was my attempt to add a bit of my own crazy personality into the world!

Is this your full time job? I'm currently training to be a textiles and food technology teacher also- both are more than full-time jobs!

What are your hobbies? I love music, spend every waking moment listening to it, and love going to gigs. I'm also a bit of a party girl, and the weekend isn't the weekend without a few too many drinks, and a bit of a boogie down the discoteque. (hehe).


What is your favorite color? Anything bright and cheerful, but probably jade green, cerise, or purple.
What is your favorite color combination? Pink and lime green!
Which colors do you use most in your work? I seem to use a lot of red, which surprises me, and a lot of green.


What is your number 1 tip for succes? Make as much as possible, chat to anyone who'll listen about what you do, and always provide amazing customer service.

What do you think is the most fun way to promote? Etsy chat! There's always someone up for a natter on there. And to promote other people, I just love making treasuries.

4 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

I love these interviews - it's my nosey side coming out! That toadstool is adorable.

Marilyn said...

Great interview and super cute items! :)

Diana Evans said...

I love the interviews too....what a great read and I love finding all these wonderful pieces...

Great work Tizz!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, lovely work! :) So fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails