Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Member Spotlight: SugarDoll Shop


This week we want to put Filipa from SugarDoll Shop in the spotlight!

Name: Filipa
Age: 24
Shop: SugarDoll Shop

What kind of things do you make?
Doll clothes, i have been knitting a lot lately but i also sew like
dresses and tights (always doll size)
I try to use light colors and very soft and good quality materials!


How long have you been doing your craft? since 2006

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling on LJ (livejournal.com) i have a journal there and i
post my crafts every now and then, back in 2006 when i started a lot
of people asked me if i could do custom commissions for them and so it
started!
Today i have a lot of orders that come either from my Etsy shop or
orders from flickr members.

Is this your full time job?
No!
I finnished my degree in Product Design and am now looking for my
first job... i have some time for the crafts but i don't wish to make
a living from them... i just feel very happy to see people on the
other side of the world taking photos of their dolls wearing stuff i
made, it really makes my day!


What are your hobbies?
Illustration and Photography.

What is your favorite color? waaw this is hard to pick... i usually
only wear black with another color like green or red or grey... but i
do like other colors! Like yellow and pink!!

What is your favorite color combination? green+pink, pink+grey.....

Which colors do you use most in your work? pink, white, green, grey,
yellow, orange....


What is your number 1 tip for success? always communicate with
clients, as soon as they purchase something until they get it! it is
very important that they feel you worry about their money and item! so
we should always let them know if it was shipped and ask if they got
it! :)

What do you think is the most fun way to promote? I really don't
know... i guess i don't promote myself much... only sometimes i upload
a picture to flickr and very smoothly say i have new items....

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I absolutely adore her photography skills. It makes me wish I was a Blythe collector. :) Very important what she says about communicating with customers too.

Diana Evans said...

This was a wonderful Spotlight!!!!

The photos are stunning and the creations are as cute as ever...

Wonderful read...

Hugs
Diana

sugardoll said...

why is it that i always think i should have written more or forget to mention something... but i'm very hapy with this! thank you for picking such cute images!*

Marilyn thank you! i try to take clear and acurate photos of my items so the costumer knows exactly what will come in the mail! about communicating i think it is the best way to keep in touch with the item and the buyer...*

Diana Thank you!!*

Related Posts with Thumbnails