Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Member Spotlight: Diana Evans



Name: Diana Evans
Age : thirty something
Shop: dianaevans.etsy.com



What kind of things do you make?

Neck Art Pendants
Paper Goods - cards
Original Paintings – Acrylic and watercolor
Art Prints
Ornaments coming soon

How long have you been doing your craft? 15+ years
When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling? I opened up my Etsy shop in February 2008. I heard so much about Etsy from friends and so many artists had their Etsy Shops featured on their blogs so I thought I would check things out. I also had a regular group of people that kept asking me if I had a shop with my work in it…so it only seemed natural to get one up and running.



Is this your full time job? I am a full time Artist and Illustrator. I work on Editorial work and my latest work has been published in children’s literature magazines. I am working on 2 children’s books and love creating fun and colorful art whenever possible. I create each and every day and love what I do.

What are your hobbies? Cooking and Baking and creating new things.

What is your favorite color? The Rainbow…lol

What is your favorite color combination? Blue and Orange

Which colors do you use most in your work? I love all kinds of colors so I would have to say I use a bit of each in each and every piece I create….



What is your number 1 tip for success? BE True to yourself….and the success will come….never second guess your work or why you’re doing it…

What do you think is the most fun way to promote? Blogging, Treasuries, and finding a wonderful group like the Crafting in Color Street Team.

1 comment:

Diana Evans said...

oh how wonderful!!! thank you for this feature....

Hugs
Diana

Related Posts with Thumbnails