Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Member Spotlight: Linda Boucher



Name: Linda Boucher
Age: 38 years old
Shop: lindaboucher.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make? I paint pictures, mainly of women and shoes!

How long have you been doing your craft? I started painting, first in acrylics, and pretty quickly switched to oils, about 9 years ago…. Prior to that I was a textile artist.



When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling? I started selling handmade jewelry-on a very small scale- when I was about 16, so 22 years ago!! I’d also do little ‘design’ jobs- like drawings for flyers…. then, when I was about 20, I started looking for a studio.

I found the space I’m still in now…. I fell in love with it, and wanted to work in it.

I didn’t really having a plan or a real sense of what I was doing… but as the studio is on a beach, hand painted t-shirts seemed like a good place to start.


Eventually, I plucked up the courage to attempt ‘proper’ painting… without any formal tuition, this had intimidated me for years… and fortunately, it has worked out really well for me!

I was inspired to sell by the need to pay the rent, and I wanted to spend all my time doing the things I loved to do, in the little studio I’d set up for myself… I guess at that point in my life I just didn’t have anything to lose!

Is this your full time job? Yes it is. Well, this and telling tourists on Brighton Seafront where the bathroom is!



What are your hobbies? Um, Etsy? J

What is your favorite color? I love them all equally…
What is your favorite color combination? I think they all get along pretty well!
Which colors do you use most in your work? Without question, I use more Crimson Alizarin paint than any other color.



What is your number 1 tip for success? Do what you love, and love what you do.
What do you think is the most fun way to promote? The Crafting in Color Team!

6 comments:

KitschenSink said...

Such beautiful work. A great interview xoxo

Swirlyarts said...

Great interview :)

linda boucher said...

Oooh, look! That's me!

Thanks Tizz, and everyone on my team :)

Jennifer Rose said...

Great interview! :D

Diana Evans said...

wow!!! wonderful work and great interview!!!

Comella said...

Interesant blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails