Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Member Spotlight: Wooke



Name:Christy Wooke
Age: 25
Shop: Christy Wooke

What kind of things do you make?
Illustrations and paintings, magnets, pins, felted ornaments, keychains and broaches, pincushions, clocks, and cards/stationary



How long have you been doing your craft?
Well, I've been drawing forever, but have only discovered making crafts at the beginning of this year.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling on Etsy in January 2008. I have a friend who makes her living doing this.

Is this your full time job?
NO. I wish. I work 2 to 3 retail jobs whenever they will have me. I'm trying to pay off my student loans.



What are your hobbies?
Besides crafting, books, movies, music, comics, and video games.

What is your favorite color?
Orange

What is your favorite color combination?
Yellowy orange and light blue

Which colors do you use most in your work?
Yellowy orange, light blue, and just the bright obnoxious colors you can find in a "discontinued bin."



What is your number 1 tip for success?
Promote!! Do any craft show you can. I don't sell a whole lot on Etsy, but I make a decent amount at shows. And I get a lot of commissioned work from people who remember my booth from these shows. Being super friendly and letting customers know that you can really do anything they can come up with is key. And of course carry a few business cards everywhere you go.
What do you think is the most fun way to promote?

Definitely doing shows, but also joining groups, as I'm finding out with CIC.

1 comment:

The Candy Shoppe said...

wow really nice work keep it up :) and your right about shows and etsy lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails