Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Member Spotlight: KnittingGuru/BurryBabies


Name: Veena Burry   
Age: Not born yesterday LOL
Shop:
KnittingGuru -- http://www.KnittingGuru.etsy.com
    and
BurryBabies -- http://www.BurryBabies.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?

I make hand knitted and crocheted clothing and accessories for women, men and babies.






How long have you been doing your craft?

Since I was 4 years old.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?

I sold my first things -- 2 custom made woolen skirts for sisters -- when I was in college.








Is this your full time job?

Yes.

What are your hobbies?

Knitting, crocheting, designing, gardening, going to classical concerts at Lincoln Center and to the Metropolitan Opera, eating out in NYC



What is your favorite color?
Red

What is your favorite color combination?
Hard to give just one...
Black and Red
Blue and Green
Purple and Green



Which colors do you use most in your work?

I'm so infatuated with color that I use them all.

What is your number one tip for success?

I need more than one!
Talent
Attention to detail
Craftsmanship
Design ability
Persistence
Good customer relations
Good photographs
Good advertising copy

What do you think is the most fun way to promote?

I love Facebook and Twitter. They're quick and enjoyable. You meet so many great people too.


Related Posts with Thumbnails