Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Member Spotlight: loranscruggs




Name: Loran Scruggs
Age: 43
Shop: loranscruggs - www.loranscruggs.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?
I make recycled repurposed toys, whistles and art. I use found and recycled used bottlecaps and tincans from food cans or decorative tins.




How long have you been doing your craft?
I've been working with tin cans since graduating for college, nineteen years.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?

I have always been selling, it wasn't until 2006 that are started doing production pieces and selling wholesale. I was inspired by etsy.com and the need to make colorful bright cherry things more often.




Is this your full time job?
Alas not, however I do work as an acupuncturist and love the work and can make my own hours.

What are your hobbies?
Gardening, fixing things. I love giving things a longer or new life, either with repair or re-purposed.




What is your favorite color?

Red. Colorful things are joyous to me, however red is predominately the most joyous of all the colors

What is your favorite color combination?
Oh gosh there are soo many. Green and orange shows up most in my wardrobe and I have orange/red hair, so I'll choose that combination.




Which colors do you use most in your work?

I'm not sure, but I have alot more red scraps than other colors. Maybe red!

What is your number one tip for success?

Do what you love, because you will be happy. If you are happy you have succeeded!

What do you think is the most fun way to promote?

Face to face talking with people who are excited with my work. Everyone is soo unique.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails