Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Pink pink pink! This week's spotlight is on Baby Loves Pink!
Shop: Baby Loves Pink
What kind of things do you make?
- cute, fun, colorful things with polymer clay, felt, and beads
How long have you been doing your craft?
- hm...as long as I can remember. But really focused on it recently since I got out of school.
When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
- I started this summer. I really wanted to share the things I make, this is one of the things I really enjoyed when I was taking art classes.
Is this your full time job?
- right now, yes. People are supposed to look for work after they graduate, but I really spent all my time on creating new things.
What are your hobbies?
- Crafting-wise, I really enjoy working with clay, polymer or ceramics. I sew, but my sewing machine is broken and I really need to fix it soon. I also enjoy painting, drawing, and taking photos.
- Outside my crafting life, I enjoy playing badminton, snowboarding, diving, and watching movies!
What is your favorite color?
- PINK, of course :)
What is your favorite color combination?
- Things on the reddish tone, hmm..pink, purple, orange, yellow..or pink, blue, green, yellow.
Something warm and happy.
Which colors do you use most in your work?
- Pink, baby blue
What is your number 1 tip for success?
- Believe in yourself. Encourage the people around you and they will do the same.
What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
- Talking on twitter!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
It's been a while, but the spotlights are back! This week's spotlight is for one of our first members: Birdwatching!
What kind of things do you make?: All kinds! Jewelry, soaps, plushies, home decor...
How long have you been doing your craft?: I started my etsy last March but I have been making things since I was very little.
When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?: I decided to start making things because I loved looking at home decor magazines and books, and I saw a lot of things in them that I thought I could make. I got out my sketchbook and started making things!
Is this your full time job?: I wish! I would love to make things full time. Unfortunately I have a day job!
What are your hobbies?: reading, designing, watching CSI
What is your favorite color? green and brown...I can't decide!
What is your favorite color combination? red and aqua together or blue and orange
Which colors do you use most in your work? earth tones, definitely. I try to use all different colors though because not everyone has the same tastes as me.
What is your number 1 tip for success?: Make as many things as you can! The more I make, the more I sell.
What do you think is the most fun way to promote?: I love going on etsy chats! There are some cool people in there and I have gotten lots of sales and trades that way!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
1. Red: Slouch Hobo In Joel Dewberry Manzanita Lily Red
2. Orange: Kingfisher Coin Purse--Eco Friendly
3. Yellow: Hand painted silk satin scarf - teal blue and saffron tones - free shipping
4. Pink: Wild Woman Zebra Heart Camera Pouch/Gadget Keeper
5. Crafting In Color Wheel
6. Green: Malia - Long Necklace featuring Green Resin, Coconut Beads and African Glass
7. Purple: love. squared. violet. mini-sign.
8. Hand Painted Bunny on Wooden Hanging Plaque
9. Turquoise: felt mandala pendant - hand embroidered - blue and violet