Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Member Spotlight: AngieHandmade




Name:  Angie Schertle
Shop:  http://www.AngieHandmade.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?
I sell mostly textile jewelry, but I also have upcycled bags and pouches, as well as polymer clay beads and buttons. 




How long have you been doing your craft?
I work is so many different mediums, that it's hard to say when I started.  I'd say in the last five years I've gotten more into creating, and have learned more and more skills as I've gone along.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling last February.  It was really on a whim.  But I've continued to sell because It gives me a chance to make and create more and more, as opposed to if I was just making things for myself and my family. 




Is this your full time job?
This is not my full-time job.  My main job is home schooling my kids.  It doesn't leave a lot of free time, so Etsy is very part-time for me.  But it gives me a great outlet and a much needed break.

What are your hobbies?
Besides crafting, I love to read and spend time in nature.  I'm also into geocaching.










What is your favorite color?


My favorite color is green, especially lime green. 

What is your favorite color combination?
But what I'm really into right now is finding great color combinations.  This is really my favorite part of each creation, the choosing of colors.  I love seeing green and red together, in non-Christmas items.  I also love rainbows.

Which colors do you use most in your work?

It's hard to go wrong if the colors are bright, I think.





What is your number one tip for success?

I'm just getting started, so I don't feel ready to give success tips.

What do you think is the most fun way to promote?

I'm just starting to promote, too.  I'd welcome any ideas from others!



1 comment:

Bich said...

Angie,
Thanks for the great offerings of your beautiful creations!! bbmcham

Related Posts with Thumbnails