Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Member Spotlight: Glass House Jewelry




Name:   Hope
Age:  42

Shop: Glass House Jewelry - http://glasshousejewelry.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?
Glass and silver jewelry, fused glass barrettes, wine stoppers, dishes




How long have you been doing your craft?
Over 10 years

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
Everytime I wore something I made, several people asked about where to get one. Then I was approached by a local gallery. After that it just blossomed.




Is this your full time job?
Mostly yes. Though I help out a bit with my husbands business and I am also a stay at home mom.

What are your hobbies?
My daughter and I love collecting sea glass on the beach.




What is your favorite color?

Cobalt blue...there is something about blue glass!

What is your favorite color combination?
Blues and greens




Which colors do you use most in your work?

Definately I use lots of blues but I try to always have a good variety.

What is your number one tip for success?

Never get stuck in a pattern. It can get boring and you lose some of your creativity. Also, it is important, especially in an online jewelry business to always be unique in order to stand out from the rest of the crowd.

What do you think is the most fun way to promote?

Word of mouth. I love selling directly.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails