Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Member Spotlight - KMonticue



Name: Kristina Sparks Monticue
Age: 30
Location: Wilmington, NC USA
Shop: Thatched Roof Designs, at: Kmonticue.etsy.com
 
What kind of things do you make?
I make adult and children's headbands, hair clips, hair pins and also photo greeting cards, bookmarks and shadowboxes....so far!



How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been creating art my ENTIRE life. The items I am making for my shop now I started about a year ago.

When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
February 2009. My first purchase ever on Etsy happened to be someone who lives right around the corner from me! She even offered to come to my house and drop the items off when finished! Imagine, out of the whole world, I found a fellow Etsyan two minutes away from me without even trying! We got to talking when she stopped by and she told me I needed to start a shop on Etsy with some of my art. Her cheerful happy demeanor really inspired me to open my shop!




Is this your full time job?
No, this is my "hobby/escape". I also own a home daycare.


What are your hobbies?
Art of many mediums, but specifically photography and make-up art. I also love to read!



What is your favorite color?
Just one?! Oh I guess I'd say pink.


What is your favorite color combination?
Right now I am really into charcoal gray and bright vintage mustard yellows.



Which colors do you use most in your work?
Probably pink, yellow, blue and other bright or contrasting colors.


What is your number one tip for success?
Never stop doing what you love and creating beautiful things, no matter how slow sales may be sometimes, and don't be afraid to promote yourself! If you don't do it, who will!?



What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
I really enjoy online promotion-its instant gratification and instant results!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails