Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Member Spotlight - Stuff by Xtine



Name: Christine (xtine)
Age: 25
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US
Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/stuffbyxtine

What kind of things do you make?
Cute glittery resin jewelry, glass tile pendants, soap, resin soap dishes, decoupaged wooden boxes… all kinds of stuff!



How long have you been doing your craft?
A little over a year.

When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling in January 2009. I read about Etsy in an article on CNN.com and instantly became obsessed. I started out as a buyer, and then I discovered Scrabble tile pendant kits and it snowballed from there!



Is this your full time job?
No, unfortunately. In the real world, I work as a receptionist at a private practice for mental health.

What are your hobbies?
My cats, reading, coloring, playing online, singing in the car, video games, movies, hanging out with my family. I won't say "making stuff" because that's a given.



What is your favorite color?
Hot pink! I also love yellow and turquoise.
 
What is your favorite color combination?
I love pink with green, and also colors popular in the 1970s… yellow, orange, green, and brown.



Which colors do you use most in your work?
Bright ones! I rarely use neutrals. Also, is glitter a color? Because I use that one a LOT.

What is your number one tip for success?
Make sure your item photos are AMAZING. I can’t tell you how many shops I ignore when I’m browsing Etsy because their photos aren’t beautiful. Off Etsy, make sure you have a stack of business cards with you at all times because you never know when you’ll have the opportunity to hand one out.


What do you think is the most fun way to promote? 
Twitter and blogging. I'm pretty shy in person so I love all the different ways there are to promote online. Also, the Crafting in Color Etsy Team! ♥

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fun Interview!! And super Cute items!!

boutiquekarma said...

Fun Spotlight! I love your stuff!!!

I agree - photos are so important. Do you have a tip for taking such smashing pics?

Andreanna said...

Yay Christine is awesome! I love her fun shop.

Finding Charm said...

So nice to read that someone else sings in their car. Seems like a lost hobby if you ask me.

Love the glitter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails