Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Member Spotlight: Revival Vintage Design



Name:  helga shepherd
Age:  46
Location:  los angeles
Shop:  www.revivalvintagedesign.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?
Eco friendly pillows, animals and accessories




How long have you been doing your craft?
forever I used to be a dress designer in the UK



When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
May 2009, I moved from UK and needed a new challange, I love vintage and wanted to preserve some of the beautiful fabric that just gets trashed.





Is this your full time job?
yes as well as looking after 3 kids , 2 cats , one dog, oh yes and a husband



What are your hobbies?
not much time for hobbies, but love gardening, music, watching sport, good books, cooking, and generally being creative I want to learn to paint and maybe sculpt





What is your favorite color?
turquoise, it always makes me smile



What is your favorite color combination?
turquoise and cerise pink






Which colors do you use most in your work?
As I work in vintage it is what ever I find, but love the really bright 70's prints the ones that really hurt your eyes/


What is your number 1 tip for success?
Keep going do not give up it takes time !!! and keep trying new ways to promote


What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
I love the forums you meet such great people. and I tweet which is fun now that I have learn how it works.

4 comments:

helga said...

Is that really me ! thanks for the feature.

Kelly aka STITCHNMOMMA said...

I talk to Helga every day on one of the Etsy promotion threads. She is a wonderful lady with a vibrant shop! Great feature!

www.stitchnmomma.etsy.com
http://stitchnmomma.blogspot.com

KippysSoMature said...

I have had the pleasure of meeting Helga in person! and am the owner of her lovely creation - Cleo the Kat - Her items are beautifully made, and the fabrics she selects for each item are beautiful and OOAK ~ A lovely, lovely woman, with wonderful lovely items :o)

priya said...

Hey helga!
congrats for the feature! and loved to read such sweet comments about you.
a wonderful person with a creative mind and a beautiful pretty shop! she is dedicated to her work which shows in her creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails