Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Member Spotlight: OMGLia



Name:  Lia
Age:  20
Location:  Indiana University in Bloomington, IN
Shop:  http://omglia.etsy.com

What kind of things do you make?
kitschy plastic costume jewelry and accessories!




How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been making jewelry since I was all of 16 years old! I must admit I have gotten quite a bit better since then.



When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling when I was 16. I had just gotten my ears pierced and I bought some jewelry making supplies to change all of my clip-ons into pierced earrings. While I was changing them over I altered them into entirely new earrings! Then I went through all of my necklaces and changed those into earrings too! After I had a huge pile of earrings, I decided to try to sell them on Etsy. To my surprise, 3 pairs sold in the first day. I was hooked and have sold ever since!





Is this your full time job?
Goodness I wish! I'm a full time student.


What are your hobbies?
I am a Fashion Design major so the thing I spend the most time on right now is sewing! When I graduate I will be adding apparel to my shop. My other hobbies are baking and dancing, and of course making all manner of crafts!





What is your favorite color?
Pink! You could probably tell from my shop :D


What is your favorite color combination?
I love so many color combinations. I like to wear purple and yellow or purple and blue. My hair and my room are done in pink and brown. I also love soft pink and orange, and silver and turquoise or purple.




Which colors do you use most in your work?
I have beads and charms in every color, so I don't think I favor any particular color!



What is your number 1 tip for success?
Get your name out there! No matter how amazing your product is, no one will buy it if nobody knows about it. Try to aim for as much awareness about your shop as possible.



What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
The most fun way to promote is to make forum posts (not just at Etsy, at other forums too) because you get to chat with other people about your stuff and it's more than just a link, your personality is behind it.

1 comment:

OmgLia said...

thanks for spotlighting me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails