Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Member Spotlight - AbsolutelySmall



Name: Claire Chambers
Age: 27
Location: Cool, CA
Shop: AbsolutelySmall (http://absolutelysmall.etsy.com)

What kind of things do you make?
I make plush creatures such as the Chickenpants, and do a little painting, mostly portraits of bad dogs.



How long have you been doing your craft?
I just celebrated my three year Etsy-versary, but I've been crafting and painting as long as I can remember.


When did you start selling & what inspired you to start selling?
The ease of selling on Etsy really gave me the courage to give it a go. The crafting community that I got involved with through blogs and Flickr were also really encouraging. Plus, at the time I had a tragically dull temp job. Maybe that was the biggest kick to get moving...




Is this your full time job?
Yes.


What are your hobbies?
I don't know that I have any hobbies left! Do reading and video games count as hobbies? How about obsessive shopping for Re-Ments?




What is your favorite color?
Yellow, currently.


What is your favorite color combination?
I love yellow and aqua. And brown and lime green. And navy and aqua. And fuchsia and brown. And gray and yellow. And...okay, I just really, really like color.




Which colors do you use most in your work?
Yellow is of course my base, with the Chickenpants. After that, it's really varied. I enjoy working with lots of color.


What is your number 1 tip for success?
Keep at it! Promote your butt off. The more energy you put into your business, the more it will grow.


What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
Contests are really fun! I like to be able to give things away to the people who have been supporting me.

1 comment:

Tara (BoutiqueKarma) said...

OMG- I just went and checked out your fabulous shop! So cute!! I also love your sense of humour (ie. common sense notice), hilarious. Great shop & feature.

Related Posts with Thumbnails