Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Member Spotlight - SilkStory



Name: Zita Rutkauskiene
Age: 55
Location: Kedainiai,Lithuania, Europe
Shop: http://www.silkstory.etsy.com




What kind of things do you make?
I do silk painting and also paint silk scarfs. Each piece of work is a creation of a different fantastic story. In the period of 1976-1986 was working as an artist-fresco restorer. Has participated in numerous exhibitions with her fresco-miniatures in Kaunas, Vilnius, Kedainiai (Lithuania) as well as in United Kingdom, Sweden and Poland.





How long have you been doing your craft?
I've been painting on silk for 7 years.



When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling my works online on Etsy.com last year (2009). I was encouraged by my family, which is a great support and a continuous inspiration!




Is this your full time job?
No. I still have to go to my day job, but I am seeking to quit my day job and make painting on silk as my day job.

What are your hobbies?
One of my many hobbies is traveling. I like discovering people and places. And when I cannot travel in physical terms, I do so in my mind and creative imagination - that's how some of my silk stories are born.



What is your favorite color?
I like blue, red, violet, earth colours, or deep and strong shades like tobacco.


What is your favorite color combination?
Marine blue with shades of violet. Also palette of red.




Which colors do you use most in your work?
Hole palette of colours, but mostly reds and blues.



What is your number 1 tip for success?
Keep knocking and the door will be opened to you!



What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
I think that the best way to promote your work is to be nice and friendly with people who are genuinely interested in your work. I am not a business woman, I am an artist who loves creative process, so what I care about most is my work and sharing it with people.

1 comment:

earlybird said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails