Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Member Spotlight - PrettyDreamer



Name:  Prettydreamer (~ aka Pamela)
Age:  45
Location:  New Hampshire
Shop:  http://prettydreamer.etsy.com


What kind of things do you make?
toys for all ages, wooden goods for the home



How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been an artist since I was very young and saw one day how the
strokes of painting made a picture.


When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I started in December of 2008 ... I stay up at night full of ideas, I
write them down and can't wait to start a new project ... if only
there were more time in the day



Is this your full time job?
I am mom, an artist and also a teacher

What are your hobbies?
I love learning, books, cooking, gardening, dancing, music, nature,
traveling (some day)



What is your favorite color?
Oh that is a hard question ... In my work, color is about mood and how
colors fit together for a specific project.
Personally, I love all earthy colors: greens, browns and oranges ...
but as time goes by I am very drawn to the serenity
of blues and aquas with a dash of red's vitality.

What is your favorite color combination?
there are so many ... there is always an adventure to see what will
actually be the right colors for a project... I start with a sense of
color but in the end they seem to come together as I work.



Which colors do you use most in your work?
I love working with colors drawn from old forgotten books, object made
by folk hands or from nature's changing palette of the seasons


What is your number 1 tip for success?
Be true to your imagination and your own inner voice


What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
Well I am learning to share a bit more ... I am enjoying blogging and
flickr ... and getting accustomed to facebook

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails