Thursday, September 16, 2010

Member Spotlight- Teka and Zoe

Hello!

I have to apologize for the tardiness of this post. It is a Wednesday feature, although I know it is showing up on a Thursday. Please pardon...

This week's featured member is Michelle of Teka and Zoe. I personally really love the modern colors with organic shapes and textures. Not only are the pieces beautifully shaped, but the colors are used in a way to give each piece of jewelry a texture of its own. I'm really excited to show off some of her work... if youre interested in any of the pieces, just click on the picture and it will take you straight to the etsy listing.

And now for the interview!

~Sara





Name: Michelle Mahler
Age: old enough to know better.
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Shop: Teka and Zoe

What kind of things do you make?
Colorful & Organic Enameled Jewelry - modern, organic casual styles. All enamels are vitreous enamel that are kiln fired.



How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been enameling for 2 years. I have been crafting for a lifetime.


When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I have been selling various forms of artwork for 20 years. It has been so long I don;t know what inspired me to start. I think it is just in my being. I have a second on-line store not related to my jewelry that I have been at for 13 years. I began selling on Etsy since 2007




Is this your full time job?
Yes plus I have 3 small children: Zach just started kindergarten, Nicolas and Natalie are Pre-K, a Hubby too!


What are your hobbies?
Right now my hobbies have been set aside. I actually consider my jewelry my creative outlet. I have SO many things I WANT to do in the wings from knitting a purse out of sari ribbon to sewing for my daughter. Way to many ideas...sooo little time. I also like to do digital scrap booking. AND I have 2 Blogs! Go figure.
If I only did not have to sleep.



What is your favorite color?
Purple and Green, my logo colors for Teka and Zoe. I find them ever so yummy. I have always loved purple even as a child(my bedroom was painted lavender and hot pink)


What is your favorite color combination?
It seems my favorite combination is the one I am currently working on. It changes
. Right now I am exploring Mossy Old Ivory. I LOVE IT.

Which colors do you use most in your work?
All colors! Always looking for new blends. My customers are the best inspiration. They push me to try things I do not think of or would never try. I am always happy to take special orders.



What is your number 1 tip for success?
Don't give up! Take good picture and crop them tight. I see so many pictures on Etsy that have to much empty space around them and I just want to download them and crop them myself.


What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
This is hard for me. I have so little time that I feel so uncreative when it comes to this. But I really enjoy Facebook as you get to meet other artist's and your customers. And it is fun and quick. I have found such good inspiration from people I have met on Facebook.


4 comments:

StudioCherie said...

wonderful interview. I do love her shop!

Teka and Zoe said...

Thank-you so much for the shout out!! Michelle Teka and Zoe

SilverCoastSeaGlass said...

Lovely work! Interesting interview.

rasamalai said...

Really beautiful pictures, items and interview! Congratulations and thank you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails