Thursday, September 23, 2010

Member Spotlight- Artisan of Whimsy

Name Claudia Liliana
Age
39
Location
México
Shop
Artisan Of Whimsy (rasamalai @ etsy)



What kind of things do you make?
I make whimsical items, usually a mixture of techniques that include embroidery, drawing and paper cutting. according to my current cravings. The final product may be a felt doll charm, an ACEO, a card or a windsock, but the main intention behind what I make is to bring beauty into our everyday life. I love art-object, I believe everything that surrounds us should be beautiful and make us feel good and I try to make beautiful things that are useful.

How long have you been doing your craft?
I started drawing and writing poems as a child.

When did you start selling and what inspired you to start selling?
I started selling my crafts 14 years ago. It was hard at first to part with my creations until I started making more than one item of each, now I’m OK with selling the one special item!
I guess my motivation is and was back then that this is all I know how to do so it makes sense to make a living out of it.

Is this your full time job?
Yes it is.

What are your hobbies?
I sing in a wonderful choir that I’m very grateful to be part of called “Coro de Santiago”, I occasionally blog about it. My favorite music at the moment is 17th century Mexican music.

What is your favorite color?
Blue, like a peacock’s feather or a flame, or the sky at dawn or dusk .

What is your favorite color combination?
There are so many, I don’t have a formula. Green with blue, hot pink with orange are a couple of my favorites that I would suggest.

Which colors do you use most in your work?
it depends on my mood, I tend to mix as many colors as possible. Although recently I’ve been playing with black and white, just a little bit.

What is your number 1 tip for success?
To focus on the good things, there is always good and bad and not often well balanced but if we focus on the bad things or the negative experiences: that becomes our life.
If instead we focus on what we enjoy and the little things that bring us happiness and a sense of accomplishment that energy keeps us moving forward.

What do you think is the most fun way to promote?
I think word of mouth has more weight and the most pleasant experiences I’ve had is when someone else has mentioned my crafts because they liked them :)

Other Websites
artisanofwhimsy.com
rasamalai.blogspot.com
facebook/RasamalaiShop
twitter.com/rasamalai
flickr.com/rasamalai

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails